Bron: Maastricht University
The objective of this course is to help decision makers and professionals debunk the challenging questions of managing risks associated with innovation in complex and controversial environments. Participants will benefit from the latest developments in risk research, with a view to be better equipped to take decisions. By the end of the course, they will:
– understand the fundamentals in dealing with uncertain risks;
– have improved their capacities to deal with controversies pertaining to new technologies;
– be able to engage in trust-building rather than trust-damaging strategies
This course targets professionals dealing with innovation and risks. These include professionals involved in risk issues at European and national agencies and ministries, risk managers and decision-makers in industry, employees of NGOs dealing with or campaigning on environmental and health related risks and consultants involved in advising these actors on innovation and risk.
The course is offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences in collaboration with the Faculty of Law. The course consists of:
– an 8 weeks curriculum, involving 8 videolectures by senior and internationally recognised lecturers from Maastricht University
– 1 or 2 guest lectures by leading scholars in the field
– 2 interactive group sessions using videoconferencing facilities
– bilateral or trilateral work sessions with course staff
Op de hoogte blijven voor alles rondom PRIMO & ontwikkelingen op het gebied van Risico Management? Schrijf dan in voor onze Nieuwsbrief.